A view of the Missions to Seamen's Reading Rooms at Penarth Dock in the early days of the twentieth century. Note the ornate brickwork which was donated and sourced locally ; for example the roof tiles came as a gift from the Cogan Brick and Tile Company. Just to the right and rear of of the building is the basin with its four in-line coal tips installed in the years 1899-1900. The photograph was uncovered at the Glamorgan Archives in Cardiff who describe it thus : 'Photograph of Mission to Seamen's reading room in Penarth docks (original in the form of a postcard addressed to Mr Williams, 5 Dingle Road, Penarth)' and they date it to c.1912. [599] [Archive Ref : DPHS/1/7] [20171212]