Penarth Dock, South Wales - 150 years - the heritage and legacy  
Penarth Dock, South Wales - the heritage & legacy . . .

Volume Nine - Pre-Victorian to the present day - even more aspects - The Work of Martin J. Ridley - Photographer . . .

Windsor Road, Penarth c.1905.
Windsor Road, Penarth c.1905.
Windsor Road, Penarth c.1905.
Windsor Road, Penarth c.1905.
Windsor Road, Penarth c.1905.

◊ Windsor Road, Penarth -  Windsor Road devoid of traffic with pedestrians and shoppers visible on the pavements.

In the enlargements we can view : The St. Fagans public house, Hair Cutting and Shampoo Rooms, Mathews, Penfound Bros, Bon Marche (who used to publish and sell postcards) and the Premier Restaurant amongst others.

Over the other side of the Windsor Road at No. 8, the gentleman with the bowler hat is window shopping at the 'New Premises Opened - Wehrley & Co.' : 'Temporary Premises during Alterations' ; the signage proclaims. Carl Wehrley was the proprietor, a clockmaker and jeweller by trade and of German descent. His son, George Wehrley, was a local photographer with premises in Glebe Street : See also the chapter George Wehrley - Photographer.

The digital record from the archive of the National Library of Wales the work of Martin J. Ridley, photographer during the years 1900 to 1910. The archive record is a black and white, glass dry-plate negative. [Preferred citation : Ridley 2214] [439]

 
Windsor Road, Penarth
◊ Windsor Road, Penarth - Windsor Road devoid of traffic with pedestrians and shoppers visible on the pavements. A tinted postcard version of the Martin J. Ridley photograph referenced above which was probably produced by a German processing method. A fine heritage postcard record held within the Penarth Dock Collection. [001] [M.J.R.B.6099]
© 2014 - 2019 - penarth-dock.org.uk - all rights reserved - web design by Dai the Rat